Totally new, the HK VP 9/40 version of our "Overdrive" magwell optimizes what you want in a competition-style magazine funnel:
- Legal for all the pistol games that allow magwells (1 5/8" wide at widest point)
- Milled from 6061 aluminum billet
- Accepts factory magazines as well as TF +5 and +0 extensions.
- Textured for "grippiness" where you want it, smooth where you don't
- Maximized funnel area
- Available in bright aluminum, black-, or red-anodize
- Works with the small and medium backstrap. Large backstrap will require fitting.
- Low cost versus steel!
NOTE: Other basepad brands may not fit (XTECH +5 basepads are too broad-shouldered)
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I will say that the magwell does fit on the pistol well but none of my extended mags would fit when installed. I've used the h&k extended 30 round bases and the xtech +5 base pads and neither of them would fit without having to grind down the base pads to where they almost fall off.i feel taylor freelance should have mentioned that the only seem to work with standard capacity mags and not with extended base mags. As a competition shooter, it Pretty mush defies the purpose of having a magwell if you can't run extended mags with them. ---------------- RESPONSE: Hey Carey, We built that system to run with our 140mm Border Special +5 basepads long before the XTECH basepad came out. Thanks for pointing this out, I'll add a note to our on-line descriptions!
I ordered a red magwell and I do understand that during the process the color depends on a lot of different factors but the magwell was more of a pink tone than a red. After I saw I showed to other people to confirm with the same results it’s more or a pink so with that I had to give a rating of 2 it’s what I ordered so besides the color issuer it’s a nice quality looking product. -- Response: Steve, if the color is wrong, send it back and we'll fix it!